Contact Lighthorse Police
Randy Wesley, Chief of Police
1130 W. Main
Ada, Oklahoma 74820
Emergency: (580) 436-1166
Confidential Tip Hotline: (866) 928-7384
Online Tip Form
Toll Free: (888) 803-3234 and (888) 804-3234
Phone: (580) 436-7213
Fax: (580) 310-6457
Lighthorse is an historic name given by the Five Civilized Tribes to their mounted police force. Once removed to Indian Territory, the Five Civilized Tribes, including the Chickasaws, created the elite Lighthorse police.
The Chickasaw Lighthorse Police Department, re-established in 2004, is comprised of six divisions - patrol, K9, investigations, dispatch, SWAT team and DIVE team. These divisions were created to better serve the citizens of the Chickasaw Nation and provide needed support to the surrounding law enforcement community.
The mission of the Chickasaw Lighthorse Police Department (LPD) is to protect the lives and property of the people we serve, to reduce the occurrence and fear of crime, preserve the peace and provide a safe environment while working in partnership with the Indian and non-Indian communities to enhance their quality of life. Our mandate is to do so with honor and integrity, while at all times conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to maintain the public trust.
The Chickasaw Lighthorse Police uses innovative methods and state-of-the-art technology to provide exceptional law enforcement services to the Chickasaw Nation area.
The Lighthorse Police Department is committing to the following values:
- Providing the highest quality of professional law enforcement services to the community with the goal of enhancing the quality of life within the Chickasaw Nation.
- Working in partnerships with the community and each other to identify and resolve issues which impact public safety.
- Empowering members of the Chickasaw Nation and the community to resolve problems by creating an environment that encourages solutions that address the needs of the community.
- Nurturing the public trust by being accountable to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics.
- Respecting individual rights, human dignity and the values of all members of the community and the department.
Divisions within the Lighthorse Police Department:
- Patrol Bureau: The patrol bureau protects and serves the communities within the Chickasaw Nation through patrol, education, training and other community involvement that reduces or eliminates criminal activity. The patrol bureau conducts programs for Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) and Neighborhood Watch programs to promote crime prevention to area schools and communities.
- K-9 Units: The LPD canine units are a part of the patrol bureau and assist with narcotics and explosive detection, building searches, tracking, handler protection and public demonstrations.
- Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) Team: The LPD established the SWAT team in 2007. The team is responsible for responding to tactical situations and dignitary protection.
- Dive Team: The LPD established the dive team in 2007 in response to increasing demands for law enforcement divers within the Chickasaw Nation. The team is comprised of eight officers responsible for search and recovery for evidence, property or victims, and assists other agencies as requested.
- Investigation Bureau: The LPD Investigation Bureau is a complement to the patrol bureau and responsible for providing prompt, professional and effective investigative services including the apprehension of criminal suspects, paper and warrant services and the recovery and return of stolen property.
- Dispatch Bureau: The LPD Dispatch Bureau is responsible for telecommunications necessary to transmit and receive law enforcement communications, including answering and disseminating information received through callers, ascertaining the nature of the call and making referrals to appropriate authorities.